From: Eugene Kuznetsov [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 1:27 pm
To: Stuart Robertson
Subject: Fwd: Re: Re[2]: [OpenDivX] Tagging in CVS? (or 'This is getting
painful').

This is a forwarded message
From: Arpi <[email protected]>
To: Eugene Kuznetsov <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2001, 4:21:50 AM
Subject: [OpenDivX] Tagging in CVS? (or 'This is getting painful').

Hi,

> EK> make sure that, as John already replied,
> EK> you are not trying to use SSE on non-SSE machine. In Linux you are
> EK> also required to have new kernel ( 2.4 or reasonably new 2.3 ) if you
> EK> want to use SSE. It won't work with 2.2.
>
> Ignore this statement ( I was actually thinking about RGB->YUV
> conversion; we don't have SSE-optimized YUV->RGB ). If you are using
> MMX CPU and my first tip didn't help, send me a gdb backtrace of
> crash.

I got the same error. It was my fault, because I didn't filled the
colorspace format in the dec_frame struct. This way the yuv2rgb pointer was
not set up -> i got sigill (it pointed to random memory, as uninitialized
pointer)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:[email protected]
http://esp-team.scene.hu

--
Best regards,
 Eugene                            mailto:[email protected]

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
http://www.netzero.net