Fwd: Re: Re[2]: [OpenDivX] Tagging in CVS? (or 'This is getting painful').

Hi,

> EK> make sure that, as John already replied,
> EK> you are not trying to use SSE on non-SSE machine. In Linux you are
> EK> also required to have new kernel ( 2.4 or reasonably new 2.3 ) if you
> EK> want to use SSE. It won't work with 2.2.
>
> Ignore this statement ( I was actually thinking about RGB->YUV
> conversion; we don't have SSE-optimized YUV->RGB ). If you are using
> MMX CPU and my first tip didn't help, send me a gdb backtrace of
> crash.

I got the same error. It was my fault, because I didn't filled the
colorspace format in the dec_frame struct. This way the yuv2rgb pointer was
not set up -> i got sigill (it pointed to random memory, as uninitialized
pointer)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:[email protected]