Re: [OpenDivX] OpenDivx on NON-i386

Hello Christoph,

Monday, May 28, 2001, 9:43:18 AM, you wrote:

CHL> Lionel Ulmer <[email protected]> wrote:
>> By the way, I just tested on a big endian platform (Sun UltraSPARC), and
>> copying by doing a cast to 'long *' works also very well...

CHL> Did you just try the copying by longs? Or compile whole OpenDivX?

CHL> Because here it's still not possible to compile latest CVS, because of the
CHL> references to intel-stuff. The only definition of init_platform() is in
CHL> decore/intel_mmx/init.c which is completely impossible to get to
CHL> work with UltraSparc (as any i386) as far as I have seen.
CHL> Can anyone please comment on this?

It's assumed to be so. If you want to port it on non-i386, you should:
1) create your own subdirectory ( say, 'sparc' );
2) write init_platform() for this platform and ( optionally )
implement some of routines in assembly for your CPU. For example, you
could write your own basic prediction functions ( CopyBlock,
CopyBlockHor, etc ) which correctly deal with memory alignment, put
them into sparc/ and assign their pointers to corresponding global
function pointer variables;
3) link the code in root directory and the code in sparc/ together.
If you are unsure how to write init_platform(), I'll put example of
this function for generic processor ( no optimization ) today.

--
Best regards,
 Eugene

NetZero Platinum