From: Jinsoo Cho
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 4:13 PM
Subject: [OpenDivX] Simple Visual Profile vs Simple Scalable Visual Profile

Hello, all

I have a kind of elementary question.

I know that OpenDivX encoder is based on MPEG-4 simple profile.
But, I think there are five profiles for natural video and two of those are simple profiles.
Which one is for OpenDivX?

Is there any document (specification) for proper simple profile?
Can anyone give me a pointer to it?
I'm a newbie in DivX and I really need to look up the any available documents to get some background before I actually look at the source code.

Thanks all.