Re: [OpenDivX] input and output format

Am Dienstag, 22. Mai 2001 10:39 schrieben Sie:
> Hi, Chris,
>
> Yes, the encore takes standard I420 (aka IYUV). The format is as you
> described x*y byte of Y, x/2*y/2 bytes of U and x/2*y/2 bytes of V.
>
> There is nothing wrong if you want to have different format before encore,
> and after decore. All that matters is you match the output of one step to
> the input of the next step. For example, if you display only takes RGB,
> then you will need to convert you output to RGB.

Of course I know how to convert these formats from and to RGB. It wasn't
meant as a _bug report_.
I just meant that it's strange for a codecs produces different output than
input. For example you have to convert before you can compare how good
original was restored.

yours,

gruel