[OpenDivX] Ouch! Why didn't I notice earlier?

There seems to be a naughty bug in OpenDivX (at least since release 0.50)
that creates heavily distorted P-frames on Solaris and IRIX. (BIG_ENDIAN
is switched on). On Linux it's fine (also without MMX), so maybe it's a
intel/non-intel thing? But I read that it works on StrongARM... I'm not talking
about small pertubation, this is complete missing/wrong areas of the picture.

It seems that ME is working, but the textures are not put on correctly.
Or maybe it's just for INTRA-blocks? I don't know yet. I-frames are fine.
It's also independent of quantizers. I'll put some pictures
on my page http://www.math.chalmers.se/~lampert/

Is there anybody out there on Sparc/MIPS/whatever who can test, if it's really
the codec's-fault and not mine?

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: [email protected]                |     Email: [email protected]