[OpenDivX] Doom9's comparison

Just finished reading doom9.org's latest divx roundup.
Basically, he knows on it throughthe whole article for not dealing with fastmotion well, despite the fact that the sort of motion he's looking at doesn't happen too much in movies...
Anyway, from looking at the pictures, it is true that at very fast motion opendivx does perform worse.
Also it looks like OpenDivx has better color handeling by far.
The article is here: http://www.doom9.org/codec_comparison.htm
Go take a look and see what I mean.  I'm wondering if there is a tradeoff there that can be exploited, that we could drop more color information and get better motion, or whatever.
I haven't had much time to play with the code, so mostly just posting the question to all of you for now.
Any insights/comments?
			Steve Pinkham