[OpenDivX] project

I had this really neat thing, a 200 disc dvd changer, now the discs
refuse to spin up, why do you care? probably not. But I have decided it
is time for me to make what I wanted in the first place.
A freebsd box with a large collection of divx movies and matching
subtitle files (My wife is hearing impaired) anyway, I think your
project may help me with the part I want, I can already play them, but
in order to take my dvd's and archive them on my hard drive, I have to
boot into that accursed M$ os, and I would rather spend weeks in gcc
than boot into windows once.

anyway, I have libdivxdecore installed, but I cant seem to find a
working encore program to convert mpeg2 to mpeg4.  is there a *nix
encoder yet? or do you only have a win32 one?  I could write a *nix one,
but only if someone else hasnt started on that already.

I found a bunch of src files, but no makefile.

when I tried to compile encore.c, it looks like some library wasnt being linked,
but I cant really tell what lib it wants.

Any help would be appreciated, I would be happy to contribute my work
when I am done, basically what I will have is a program that you run
after a dvd is inserted that will convert the dvd to mpeg4, save it in a
directory (The name of the dvd if I can retrieve that) and add it to a
menu that will have all my movies (Maybe I will just use the xmms avi
plugin for that.)  I am not really trying to copy dvd's as much as
archiving them in an easy to use menu system (that isnt as flimsy as my
200 disc dvd changer was).

--
Adriel Ickler
Network Administrator   -  [email protected]