[OpenDivX] General Development Discussion - All Projects -> OpenDivX Daily Forums Digest

Topic:		OpenDivx on Solaris
Author:		gruel
Posted:		 2001-03-28 05:04
--------
My problem is solved... my mistake.
The results for one example frame (I-frame)
640x480, 1200 bps, no postprocessing

Plattforms:

AMD K6, 200 Mhz (no MMX compiled in); running Linux
Intel PII, 450 Mhz (no MMX compiled in); running Linux
Sun Ultra 10, 440 MHz UltraSPARC; running Solaris
SGI Origin, 180MHz MIPS R10000 CPU; running IRIX

Results: abs.  (rel.: fps at 1GHz)

K6 encoding:  1.35s    ( 3.7)
K6 decoding:  0.30s    (16.7)

PII encoding: 0.60s    ( 3.7)
PII decoding: 0.13s    (17.1)

SUN encoding: 0.45s    ( 5.1)
SUN decoding: 0.066s   (33.9)

IRIX enc.   : 0.45s    (12.3)
IRIX dec.   : 0.078s   (71.2)

chl

Topic:		DVD movies
Author:		Henry
Posted:		 2001-03-27 23:16
--------
I tried www.doom9.org. I read it but I cannot understand computer talk.
All I want to know is "how to burn DVD movies on to a CD. This what i
have, a DVD player, a 12x burner and a Easy cd creator software. What
else do i need and what is my starting point.Do I need to download a
software or a code.What is the first thing I need to do and what after
that.?

Topic:		DVD movies
Author:		Infinitegoof
Posted:		 2001-03-28 01:00
--------
hey man, listen, you can't burn DVD's onto cd without changing the
format. You see a dvd works differently than a cd. I suggest you try
ripping your disc to divx format. Go to www.mydivx.com to learn all
about it - it ain't that hard, you'll just have to do a bit of reading
before doing it. B-Dogg

Topic:		OpenDivx on Solaris
Author:		eagle
Posted:		 2001-03-28 06:12
--------
Nice one, gruel, we have SUN Solaris support

I remember now, the UltraSparc multimedia instruction set is called
"VIS".  VIS is the Sun equivalent of MMX and Altivec.  It could
accelerate encode/decode even more.

Topic:		OpenDivx on Solaris