[OpenDivX] General Development Discussion - All Projects -> OpenDivX Daily Forums Digest

Topic:		DVD movies
Author:		Henry
Posted:		 2001-03-26 22:53
--------
I am a dummy when it comes to computer.My computer is a pentium 2/450,
with a DVD player, 12x burner(easy cd creator 4.0)Most of my DVD movies
are damaged by lending it out to friedns. Is it possible to make back up
copies on CD. Can you direct me how to go about doing it.

Topic:		DVD movies
Author:		sanhan
Posted:		 2001-03-27 04:20
--------
Buddy,

try this,

http://www.doom9.org

Topic:		Hardware encoder for Divx
Author:		cross
Posted:		 2001-03-27 07:49
--------
Maby there is a way to have hardware accellerated DivX compression &
decompression , for specific graphics cards.

For example , the ATI Radeon VIVO has the Rage Theater chip , that can
do the a lot of work instead of the CPU . It supports hardware DVD
playback and deinterlacing ,so i't the perfect realtime frame server.It
also has hardware iDCT stuff ( as you know , the radeon card has drivers
for real time MPEG1 & MPEG2 video grabbing even in a low speed
processor. It just needs a fast CPU for large resolutions and fps. )

If anyone could improve the Divx codec in a way that it could use these
features , then the performance will be increased much more than with
other optimizations or faster CPU.

I hope that someone will be interested about it.

Topic:		OpenDivx on Solaris
Author:		gruel
Posted:		 2001-03-27 11:34
--------
Hi,

the en- and decore code compiles fine on SUN Solaris, but produces only
empty pictures.
Could this be due to little/big endian problems?

Is OpenDivx 4.0alpha48 running successfully on any RISC system?

chl

Topic:		What movie filetype is the BEST overall?