[OpenDivX] General Development Discussion - All Projects -> OpenDivX Daily Fourm Digest

Topic:		New vod software?
Author:		RottenBambi
Posted:		 2001-03-19 23:06
--------
I just found a thing called SiDTV (Streaming Internet Digital TV) and it
looks like it might be good and it hopes to
        use the 3ivx or whatever codec is most advanced in the next
month or two once released the website is <a
href="http://sidtv.virtualave.net"; target="_blank"
target="_new">http://sidtv.virtualave.net</a>
        check it out there first beta should be released soon after 3ivx
d3 or the next couple project mayo mac releases

Topic:		codecs for dummies....
Author:		CancunMx
Posted:		 2001-03-20 08:38
--------
i'm kinda new to the codec arena.  i'm familiar with getting and playing
asf/avi movies on windows (wmp). haven't been able to get any of them to
play under linux yet.  Is there some sort of codec for dummies document
to introduce people to what the software does? it sounds like i take a
mpeg-2 format file (.mpg) and run it through this encoder (codec) to get
a (smaller file size) avi format movie.  Then, my movie player (wmp or
whatever) will use the same codec when i want to play that particular
avi file? if this is the case (and i'm really speculating here), then is
there something in the avi file which shows which codec was used to
encode it?  can I decode an avi back to mgp format (mpeg-2?) then encode
it using my favorite encoder?  sorry for so many questions, i'de just
like to really learn more about all this. how to use it and how it all
works.

Topic:		open divx = too dark
Author:		Tommy Carrot
Posted:		 2001-03-20 14:39
--------
I've experienced this issue too. The colors usually seems to be
prettier, but on dark scenes - no matter the monitor's brighness is on
max - the details are disappears, gone to black, while on Divx 3.11
those are just fine.

Topic:		open divx = too dark
Author:		wanton
Posted:		 2001-03-20 15:07
--------
This happens to me as well with opendivx and divx but i know what's the
problem it's actually my graphics driver for nvidia geforce card. seems
that my video overlays are too dark when i use overlay setting in nvidia
drivers to set brigtness to 133% then all look ok. I'm using windows
2000.

Topic:		Video ... no audio??
Author:		NewB
Posted:		 2001-03-20 16:31
--------
i'm having the reverse of most of your problems... i'm getting video
without audio

anyone know of a way to fix this?