[OpenDivX] OpenDivX Encoder -> OpenDivX Daily Forums Digest

Topic:		MPEG4 scalability and object segmentation
Author:		puremood
Posted:		 2001-03-14 07:26
--------
Hi all. Object-oriented and scalability is the centerpiece of MPEG4.
Does OpenDivX codec support any of these functions as it's originally
based on MOMUSYS implementation? It would be great if these features can
be implemented on OpenDivX.

Topic:		Why AVI and not MPG?
Author:		Who cares
Posted:		 2001-03-14 16:13
--------
Is it possible to make a DiVX-encoded MPG file and not an AVI

Topic:		Use the power of GPU's??
Author:		MiX
Posted:		 2001-03-14 16:41
--------
One of my thoughts that I would like to tell is... Couldn't the immense
power of the newest 3d-cards be used to do some of the encoding tasks?

I know that GPU's are specialized for a tasks like 3d-gaming... But it
must be some power there to use, and when u brake down the 3d games it
is just a stream of data that needs to be processed... right

Just an idea to think about.

Regards
/MiX

Topic:		Use the power of GPU's??