[OpenDivX] OpenDivX Decoder ->OpenDivX Daily Forums Digest

Topic:		How to force graphedt or WMP to automatically select the
DirectShow filter (DivXDec.ax)
Author:		benjamin
Posted:		 2001-03-13 00:24
--------
I'm trying to make graphedit or WMP to automatically select DivXdec.ax
for playing back AVI files. They work well when the driver DivX.dll is
installed. But in this case, DirectShow seems always choose AVI
Decompressor to play using the driver. I can manually replace the
Decmpressor by the filter and playback is fine.

I'm wondering if there is a way to force graphedit to automatically use
the filter instead of the driver. I tried to register the filter only
without installing whole DivX for windows. I also tried to change the
name of DivX.dll after installation. In either case, the graphedt or WMP
just can not find the decompressor.

Thanks!

Topic:		Save "postprocessing level" in Registry! or Auto-adjust?
Author:		Michael R. Brumm
Posted:		 2001-03-13 01:56
--------
Not sure where to save it: HKLM or HKCU...

But it would be nice if I didn't have to adjust the postprocessing level
back to zero every time I play a video ([email protected]) on my slower
dual-PII 450MHz. Note that on my PIII 1GHz it plays fine at the default
setting.

Also, the setting is an out-of-the way place (which I'm sure a lot of
nubies don't even know about; which is why there are so many complaints
from the peanut gallery), so it would be even nicer if the decoder could
sense the CPU strain and auto-adjust.

Maybe a check-box (checked by default installation) for "Auto Adjust
Postprocessing Level", and then allow power users to uncheck it and move
the slider manually?

Topic:		OpenDivX and support for 3dnow! in decoder
Author:		Socrates
Posted:		 2001-03-13 12:21
--------
Or maybe it is because your posts (in this thread and the "faster
code thread) are of such a high technical substance that people just
love reading them.

Your posts are very good, your ideas even better, I applaud you.

Now I only wish you could spend 40 hours a week on programming the
OpenDivX source :)

greetings,

Eelco Jepkema

Topic:		DivX 3.11Alpha......
Author:		westkoast
Posted:		 2001-03-13 12:26
--------
Ok, well I installed Divx 4.0 or whatever, and wasn't able to view
movies, so I re-installed 3.11alpha and the movie works but it's very
choppy, why is this? and how do I fix it?

thanks

Topic:		OpenDivX and support for 3dnow! in decoder
Author:		Brians256
Posted:		 2001-03-13 14:11
--------
If you know assembly, there are some spectacular improvements to be
made.  That's got to be exciting.

For instance, Martin (nickname mcmab)has written some hand-optimized
routines for basic_prediction.c that should really speed things up.

Speaking of which, the copy that I got has some odd features in it.
<pre>
void CopyBlock(unsigned char * Src, unsigned char * Dst, int Stride)
{
	int dy//;

	long *lpSrc = (long *) Src;
	long *lpDst = (long *) Dst;
	int lpStride = Stride >> 2;

	for (dy = 0//; dy < 8; dy++) {
		lpDst[0] = lpSrc[0];
		lpDst[1] = lpSrc[1];
		lpSrc += lpStride;
		lpDst += lpStride;
	}
}
</pre>

Why is there a comment delimiter in the middle of the for loop and the
declaration of the dy variable?[ This message was edited by: Brians256
on 2001-03-13 14:11 ]

Topic:		OpenDivX and support for 3dnow! in decoder
Author:		Brians256
Posted:		 2001-03-13 15:04
--------
I can think of two things that should be done.  First, create multiple
assembly versions (CPU-specific versions) of these functions.  Second,
inline them!  Why make a function call to work with 64 bytes?!

3DNow! example without inlining.
<pre>
// Purpose: Copy a memory block from Src to Dst
void CopyMemBlock(
	unsigned char * Src,
	unsigned char * Dst,
	int BlockHeight,
	int BlockWidth,
	int Stride)
{
	_asm {
			mov		eax, dword ptr [Src]
			mov		ebx, Stride
			mov		edx, dword Ptr [Dst]

			// Copy
			movq	mm0, qword ptr[eax]
			movq	mm1, qword ptr[eax+ebx]
			movq	qword ptr [edx], mm0
			movq	qword ptr [edx+ebx], mm1

			lea		ecx, [ebx + ebx]
// set ecx to Stride*2
			movq	mm2, qword ptr[eax+ecx]
			movq	mm3, qword ptr[eax+ecx*2]
			movq	qword ptr [edx+ecx], mm2
			movq	qword ptr [edx+ecx*2], mm3

			lea		ecx, [ebx*4]
// set ecx to Stride*4
			movq	mm4, qword ptr[eax+ecx]
			movq	mm5, qword ptr[eax+ecx*2]
			movq	qword ptr [edx+ecx], mm4
			movq	qword ptr [edx+ecx*2], mm5

			lea		ecx, [ecx + ebx*2]
// set ecx to Stride*6
			movq	mm6, qword ptr[eax+ecx]
			movq	mm7, qword ptr[eax+ecx*2]
			movq	qword ptr [edx+ecx], mm6
			movq	qword ptr [edx+ecx*2], mm7
	}
}
</pre>

The reason that this is optimized in this fashion, is because we know
that BlockHeight and BlockWidth is going to be 8.  Actually, this
function is never called.[ This message was edited by: Brians256 on

Topic:		Stop Bug and Windows Media Player 7 ?
Author:		e7abe7a
Posted:		 2001-03-13 17:19
--------
The new binaries on the web sites include the fix to this problem.

Topic:		win2k hangs when using opendivX ?
Author:		e7abe7a
Posted:		 2001-03-13 17:22
--------
It could be a problem with the first release of the filter. Someone else
had his computer rebooted here  . The new binaries on the web site
include a fix to this problem.

http://www.projectmayo.com/projects/subproject.php?projectID=2&subprojec
tID=2

[ This message was edited by: e7abe7a on 2001-03-13 17:23 ][ This
message was edited by: e7abe7a on 2001-03-13 17:24 ]

Topic:		Save "postprocessing level" in Registry! or Auto-adjust?
Author:		e7abe7a
Posted:		 2001-03-13 17:31