From: Thierry Brunet [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 10:55
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: [OpenDivX] Alternative to uncompressed AVI --> VOB frames directly packed into AVI

I am having a hard time creating uncompress AVIs from VOB files in order to benchmark various codecs as this process creates huge files.

Is there a way to generate an AVI file that directly re-use or repack the same compressed frames as stored in the VOB file? That is without performing a decompression and re-compression? This way, there would be no loss of info and size would be same as VOB thus considerably smaller than uncompressed AVI.

Where can I find detailed information on how a VOB file is structured (I am not expert enough to dig into Flask’s source code)

I am new to the DivX universe; my apologies if this issue has already been covered previously.

Regards,

Thierry Brunet de Courssou

London, UK.