[OpenDivX] OpenDivX Decoder ->OpenDivX

Topic:		Faster code
Author:		mcmab
Posted:		 2001-03-01 21:20
--------
This is the debug code, the one you used for profiling?  I should have
made that clear, sorry.  Stach checking can always be turned off.

However the release code, without the stack checking still pushes/pops
esi, edi, ebx & ebp. That's still 16 bytes pushed/popped for every 64
bytes of data. There's no need to save any of these registers, and
"inline" would save the additional call/ret.

Best regards

Topic:		DivX 4a48 Windoze version doesn't work
Author:		siko
Posted:		 2001-03-02 04:31
--------
Here on a 98 w/MP7 and DX8 couldnt run anything... too!

where could I find the 3.x version?

thanks!

Topic:		Divx support in OpenDivx Decoder.
Author:		wanton
Posted:		 2001-03-02 07:21
--------
Is there any chance that you will add support for decoding original DivX
to decoder part of the codec? I hate see when i future processors will
change and old divx codec doesn't work and there is no way to watch old
video material encoded with divx exept with old machines. I know
original DivX was hack of microsoft codec and it isn't pure mpeg-4 but i
still hope it still done for future compatibility's sake

Topic:		DIV3 help
Author:		wanton
Posted:		 2001-03-02 07:25
--------
You know that DivX and OpenDivX are diffrent codecs do you? Meaning
OpenDivX can't decode DivX and DivX can't decode OpenDivx. If you wan't
to play DIV3 (original DivX) you need original DivX codec (hacked
microsoft codec).
[ This message was edited by: wanton on 2001-03-02 07:26 ]

Topic:		DivX 4a48 Windoze version doesn't work
Author:		elbows
Posted:		 2001-03-02 11:12
--------
Movies encoded with divx 3.11 are not supposed to play back with
opendivx.  You can however have both Opendivx and Divx 3.11 alpha
installed on the same system, they dont conflict with eachother.

Topic:		Win 2000 Install
Author:		edouardliu
Posted:		 2001-03-02 19:25
--------
what i did was more sophisticated than what e7abe7a offered. in addition
(yes, i know how to use regsvr32) to unregistering both old and new
codec the regsrv32 way, i also did a thorough scan in the registry and
cleared up any dandling entries, especially those in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

after this, i tried installing alpha48 2.0.1 again, and still failed.
now i'm baffled. why would people like 'thekid' always think i don't get
the right codec while i actually did more investigation? ahem.

please, i write programs myself, so some respect from a programmer to a
programmer is always preferrable. don't give me that one billionth time
crap. do you think i downloaded a linux codec for win32?

enough said.