[OpenDivX] OpenDivX Encoder -> OpenDivX

Topic:		Fast scene change detection
Author:		gruel
Posted:		 2001-03-02 06:38
--------
Hi,

I am still thinking about parallelizing the encoder and before I going
into literature and source:

Is there a fast way of detecting scene changes in input data?

More or less a  routine that splits a given video stream  into scene
segments, giving the "addresses" relative to the stream.

No motion detection/encoding should be performed, because thats what the
other processors are supposed to do. This routine is supposed to run on
the master, that sends the scenes to the slaves for real encoding step.

Any reference or code snip would be nice,

chl[ This message was edited by: gruel on 2001-03-02 06:41 ]

Topic:		How pass YUV  4:1:1 to YUV 4:2:0
Author:		aleggs
Posted:		 2001-03-02 10:05
--------
I don't agree with your statments
:hot:

Topic:		Adobe Premiere Don't Encode Audio To Mp3
Author:		elbows
Posted:		 2001-03-02 11:06
--------
You are quite correct, this is a Premiere issue.

It might be resolved with Premiere 6, I havent tried yet, but I doubt
it.

You have 2 choices:

1) Export using PCM or other audio format that Premier supports.  Load
the video into VirtualDub, set video to direct stream copy so it doesnt
recompress the video, then set audio to encode in mp3 or whatever you
want.  Save the new file and bingo, it shouldnt take too long either as
the video isnt being recompressed.

2) Use AVISYNTH Premiere plugin to export the video.  This allows you to
chain the output from Premiere to another program such as virtualdub,
then you set Virtualdub to encode in Divx for video and MP3 for audio.

Hope that helps