[OpenDivX] FW: OpenDivX Encoder -> OpenDivX

Topic:		problem I can't explain
Author:		thekid
Posted:		 2001-02-28 22:12
--------
Quote:
On 2001-02-28 00:24, gldblade wrote:
If you can get a hold of the movie The World Is Not Enough, you can use
it to see what happens.  In the opening scene, it can become very, very
blocky.  As in notice-at-once blocky.  I tried at a bitrate of 1600 and
it didn't do too well.  Meanwhile, DivX can do it at a bitrate as low as
800.  Anyway, good luck with solving the problem.

Are you talking about the opening with all the colors and dancing girl
outlines?

i've done such clips and don't think i'm getting the same results as
you...it looks pretty good...
let me know if this is the same clip you are talking about

thekid...

Topic:		OpenDivX bitrates - files larger now?
Author:		glenn
Posted:		 2001-03-01 05:58
--------
I have come to understand that OpenDivX files generally come out larger
than DivX 3.11 files with the same bitrate. If this is true, does it
render ALL old bitrate calculators obsolete? Does anyone know if there
is a bitrate calc available yet that takes OpenDivX into
account?[addsig]

Topic:		Can't play Open DivX encoded files 8(
Author:		Edo
Posted:		 2001-03-01 17:32
--------
I installed the latest release of Open DivX (for Windows) and began to
encode some avi videos (MJPEG compressed) using VirtualDub.The problem
is this:whenever I try to open the created file, Windows Media Player
shows me a mixture of colored lines...in a word...I see nothing !
I downloaded The Playa,that lets me see what I encoded,but the movie is
always jerky...

My questions are:
1)How can I play my encoded files (I'm on Windows 2000) ?
2)Where can I find an explanation of the encoding options of OpenDivX ?

Thanx in advance,
 Edo[ This message was edited by: Edo on 2001-03-01 17:38 ]

Topic:		problem I can't explain
Author:		c0redumb
Posted:		 2001-03-01 17:59
--------
Doom9,

Thanks for the comparison. It helps a lot on pinpointing the improvement
needed. Working on them now.

c0redumb

Topic:		Adobe Premiere Don't Encode Audio To Mp3
Author:		berlinger
Posted:		 2001-03-01 19:47