From: <[email protected]>
To: "opendivx" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 6:37 AM
Subject: [OpenDivX] Compliance

Hi,

I'm working (in fact playing ;-) on my side to understand how the
MPEG4 compression is working ... So I've read some papers about it,
for exemple a small part of the MPEG4 ISO paper, and finally I did
compile the microsoft mpeg4 encoder and decoder "fdis" version (V1)
that is used to be the reference codec as the momusys one is. After
that I did generate some movie with this codec and wanted to make
comparaison with the actual opendivx encoder ... but I wonder about
the fact that there is no compatibility between both encoder /
decoder ... For instance : a file compressed with the fdis encoder
won't work with the opendivx decoder and vise-versa ...

What the hell ??? Shouldn't the opendivx be MPEG4 V1 compliant ?

Best regards

- Eric Felten -