[OpenDivX] General Development Discussion - All Projects -> OpenDivX Daily Forums Digest

Topic:		auihjf3
Author:		Dan7859
Posted:		 2001-02-28 02:17
--------
Any guesses when OpenDivx and Microsoft's MPEG4 will be out of beta???

Topic:		Any guesses when OpenDivx and Microsoft's MPEG4 will be
out of beta???
Author:		Dan7859
Posted:		 2001-02-28 02:17
--------
Any guesses when OpenDivx and Microsoft's MPEG4 will be out of beta???

Topic:		can't build divx.dll
Author:		spec
Posted:		 2001-02-28 09:39
--------
I'm a silly guy,

it was easy :
in encore.dsw, I change :

project -> settings -> C/C++ -> category : code generation
-> use run-time library : Debug Multithreaded (instead of Debug
Multithreaded DLL)

Now I built divx.dll, I can try it (but what is the best encoder to use
it ??)

thanks to Andrea and Brians...

Spec

Topic:		Don't understand thing about performance. Need realtime.
Author:		Constantine
Posted:		 2001-02-28 12:58
--------
Tell me one thing - can any of MPEG4 encoders work in the realtime?
I looked through the given source and found that a lot of the "critical
time" sections are written on C - doesn't too fast I think.
I need 50-100 fps performance (384*288, color) in realtime - i.e. to
write live video.
I don't think OpenDivX or some of MPEG4 codecs have such possibilities.
So... I need one answer - can it? )

Topic:		Not YCbCr420?
Author:		hemlock
Posted:		 2001-02-28 17:49
--------
According to the FAQ, the RGB conversion matrix used in rgb2yuv.c
appears to be for YPbPr; the matrix for YCbCr is slightly different.

Topic:		divx color
Author:		numlock
Posted:		 2001-02-28 17:54
--------
uninstalled divx 3.11 alpha
downloaded  newest open divx and am having color problems ... after a
few seconds, it appears to have a purple film over it .. like a purple
cover... then it will go away and the colors will look normal for a few
seconds until it happens again.

Topic:		***READ***
Author:		lukinhas
Posted:		 2001-02-28 18:18
--------

i found a program that pays u to be online , and if u refer friends it
pays too.There are lots of programs like that  , but this is the best ,
pays highest and is easy and reliable

I was just trying to learn about divx in mirc when a friend told me
that:Man u can't believe , i found a great program that pays u when u
are online...
I couldn't believe him in that time , but now when i receive my check ,
i really want to thank him.
The best program, easy , reliable and pays the highest.U also win money
refering your friends...
DesktopDollars.com is a new company that pays its members whenever they
are connected to the internet. You could be surfing the net or typing a
document. As long as you're connected to the net, YOU'LL GET PAID. You
can join now for FREE and it takes about 2 minutes.
target="_blank"
target="_new">http://www.desktopdollars.com/default.asp?id=luizrvb</a>

Topic:		Don't understand thing about performance. Need realtime.
Author:		BoBInO
Posted:		 2001-02-28 19:29
--------
It's not because it is written in C that it isn't efficient.
I suppose you think that Assembler code is faster? Not really, only a
very good assembler programmer can do better code than the compiler. And
even with very good skills, assembler code isn't always more efficient.
And since OpenDivx is in developpement, it isn't the time to put
assembler modules that will more complicate the code than optimize it...

Next, don't expect realtime in a MPEG4 codec, unless you've got a 10Ghz
bazillum... But, maybe in 2-3 years...
Computer power double each 18 months, that's Moore's Law!!!

(Sorry for my bad english...)

Topic:		Will Microsoft or OpenDivx charge anything for
re-distributing their encoder/decoder?
Author:		Dan7859
Posted:		 2001-02-28 19:57