[OpenDivX] OpenDivX Decoder ->OpenDivX Daily Forums Digest

Topic:		Win 2000 Install
Author:		edouardliu
Posted:		 2001-02-28 01:32
--------
same happened here. When i used the playa (which gives out more
informative error message, thanks guys), it says it can't find
appropriate codec. i'm pretty sure the registry entry somewhere that
reads "vidc.divx" = "divx.dll" is correctly identifying media tag "divx"
... so what else could be the problem?

let me describe my situation here. i was using a previous divxwindows
decoder before (the one that came out without a directshow filter), but
i used the hacked divx filter for the replacement. when i installed the
new alpha48, i uninstalled the previous version first, made sure the
registry and files are clean. and then in the new package, i found out
that divx_.dll should have been called divx.dll ... installation worked
after fixing the file name.

otherwise ... i can't find any possible solution to the problem.

Topic:		Win 2000 Install
Author:		edouardliu
Posted:		 2001-02-28 12:21
--------
retried today. i thought there might be some conflict between the old
hacked dxshow filter and the new open filter UUIDs, but honestly i don't
know too much about how to identify the old dxshow other than using it's
old name "divx_c32" ... there might be some unclean stuff left in the
registry. who knows?

god hates all those COM interfaces and UUIDs.

i might need to compile a debug version myself to see if any of the
ax/dll get loaded at all. i really think it shouldn't be the registry
problem. it really shouldn't.

Topic:		Win 2000 Install
Author:		thekid
Posted:		 2001-02-28 13:59
--------
for the one bilionth time...

make sure you have the right codec...

please...

thekid...

Topic:		Understanding iDCT
Author:		eagle
Posted:		 2001-02-28 14:59
--------
One thing comes to mind - a lot of processor manufacturers have a
library of useful assembler-optimised routines.  Perhaps there already
exists an iDCT in ARM assembler, somewhere.  Of course, we'd need
permission to use it.

In fact, any ARM asm would help as a learning tool - a guide to opcodes,
coding style, etc.

It's silly to reinvent the wheel

eagle

Topic:		How Do I Install The Decoder?