[OpenDivX] General Development Discussion - All Projects -> OpenDivX Daily Forum Digest

Topic:		can't build divx.dll
Author:		spec
Posted:		 2001-02-27 09:46
--------
Bonjour everybody

So, I have to speak English, now. Well, I'm trying !

First, I'm keeping on working hard on a report about DivX Algorithm and
codes. I will here when it will be ready (not today...)

But I have a problem. I tried with the new versions of core code (4.0
alpha 4 and DivX4Win, and it still doesn't work...

I explain what I have done  :

I built encore.lib and decore.lib with the core code 4.0 alpha 48 under
MS Visual C++ 6.0,
it works...

when I try to use these new encore.lib and decore.lib to build divx.dll
with the workspace DivX4Windows.dsw
with original project -> settings -> link -> project options :

winmm.lib bin/encore.lib bin/decore.lib /nologo /subsystem:windows /dll
/incremental:yes
/pdb:"Debug/DivX.pdb" /debug /machine:I386 /nodefaultlib:"libcmt.lib"
/nodefaultlib:"libc.lib"
/def:".DivX4Windows.def" /out:"bin/DivX.dll" /implib:"Debug/DivX.lib"
/pdbtype:se

there are errors:

Linking...
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : error LNK2005: _fclose already defined in
libcmtd.lib(fclose.obj)
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in
libcmtd.lib(dbgheap.obj)
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in
libcmtd.lib(dbgheap.obj)
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCRTD.dll) : error LNK2005: _ceil already defined in
libcmtd.lib(ceil.obj)

..and so on...

I try to add the line /nodefaultlib:"libcmtd.lib" in project options
and I obtained :

Linking...
   Creating library Debug/DivX.lib and object Debug/DivX.exp
nafxcwd.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___argv
nafxcwd.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___argc
nafxcwd.lib(timecore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__mbctype

..and so on...

I'm sure it's easy to solve, but I don't know how.

So... HELP ME please.

sorry for my English

Merci

SPEC[ This message was edited by: spec on 2001-02-27 09:48 ]

Topic:		can't build divx.dll
Author:		Brians256
Posted:		 2001-02-27 13:32
--------
Add libcmtd to the list of ignored libraries.  I really don't know why
this kind of teaking is required.  How does it build for the core
developers?

This is one of those odd things about ProjectMayo that is VERY
frustrating.  Everytime I synchronize with CVS, I lose all these little
fixes required to make things build.  I can understand that the main
target is DX7 and that I'm a bit odd to have DX8 (that requires I delete
d3dim.lib from the lib list).  But, I didn't think that anything else
about my build environment is all that different.

Fixing build problems is not fun.  I'd rather work on optimizing things
and playing with different algorithms.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm VERY happy that DARC released the code.  It is
WONDERFUL that we get a chance to participate; the open nature of their
development is great.  I just note that this problem is frustrating to
me.

Topic:		Divx File Format Info
Author:		#AS#IS#
Posted:		 2001-02-27 17:41
--------
DivX compressed movies are usually subject to the same terms and
conditions as their parent structure.  In other words MOST DivX is based
upon the MPG4 compressed avi streaming format, hence any avi editor will
suffice.

Have a look at VirtualDub it seems to be the standard in this field.  I
hope this helps.

Topic:		DivxVideo Vs OpenDivx (config)
Author:		ausonia
Posted:		 2001-02-27 21:05
--------
Hello everybody!!!!

I�m Gonzalo from argentina, i use the DivxVideo 3.11 Alpha, I use his
because :
* DivxVideo 3.11 Alpha is more speed to encode (in VirtualDub, or
Premiere 5.1c)
* DivxVideo 3.11 Alpha have a beter quality in the same size screen
* The OpenDivx make files with smaller size than the 3.11, but for me is
more important that quality.
* Is really that i working this an illegal soft (the DivxVideo is a
hacked version of microsft Mpeg4)
* The DivxVideo 3.11 alpha work properly in all windows version (95, 97,
98, 98se, Me, NT and 2k)

(sorry, but that is true in that version that i download last week
OpenDivx alpha47, i think that you are working in that).

Now i talk about i need.  I need a codec that the comon people (that can
use Win95, 98, or NT) can see a video in a full screen without problem
and with a quality between the S-VHS and DVD.
I work in the Video productions for the companies, they need a format
compatible with all the word to send an intitucional video, you
understand me?
I usually edit my 8mm movies in NTSC (608 x 456) or redited the films in
DVD (704x480)  and then recompres in the quarter resolution, the 8mm in
(304x22 and the DVD in (352x240).
This two options use diferents Pixel Ratio, Square pixel (8mm) or
ITU.R601 studio standard(DVD).

I have a beter movie in the ITU.R601 pixel ratio, Why is this? is
optimized to ITUR601?
What is the Divx use for the speed encode or encode? Processor? Memory?
VideoCard?
I�m using a Pentium MMX 233mhz with 64 Mb ram and the Diamond Stealth 64
2001 series 2mb.
is a old machine but i want to know what is the more importan to have.

Please i need your help to me.

thanks.

bye bye

Gonzalo Di Stefano