[OpenDivX] OpenDivX Decoder ->OpenDivX Daily Forums Digest

OpenDivX Decoder ->OpenDivX Daily Forums Digest

Topic:		Faster code
Author:		mcmab
Posted:		 2001-02-23 01:55
--------
Southampton????

At the University by any chance???

Tell me where to e-mail the whole file and I'll send it.

If you're at the University we will have friends in common (and we're
6000 miles apart)

Topic:		Decore Options to optimize for smaller devices
Author:		mindpower
Posted:		 2001-02-23 02:54
--------
Feature suggestions:

- flag to make decoded BMP compatible with the CreateBitmap routine in
Windows. (i.e. e.g. lines need to begin at word boundary, rest filled
with zeroes)

- flags to make decoded BMP compatible with 8-bit, 16-bit display
buffers. This way I could let decore decode directly from a memory
mapped file into the display buffer giving RAW PERFORMANCE.

- flag to automatically reduce frame size so that I only get a smaller
frame in the decoding buffer.

- flag to automatically dither when size get's reduced or dither anyway
even if it get's not reduced.

cheers
Mindpower

Topic:		Divx4windows 4a48 codec crashes in decoding.
Author:		wanton
Posted:		 2001-02-23 04:50
--------
I encoded file with default setting and playing it with mediaplayer of
frame garbage and then crashes. But playing file with theplaya works
fine so problem must be in decoder part of windows codec.